Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Typical!!!

OK.....It is 10:30pm at night Wednesday evening. I have done nearly nothing to prepare myself for this upcoming 23 day travel adventure/competition. Let's see, I did get a visa for China (the only country other than Canada that we have been told we will visit to date)......I was going to Beijing for the summer Olympics in August so, at least, I can use the multiple visit visa for both trips! I have readied my 4 and a half inch Sony computer (weighs 2 pounds) and taken a few notes and practiced with my wifes digital camera (Canon....10 pixels). Went to the bank for cash (bribes?)......that's it! I will go to bed and leave in the morning for my drive with a rental car to San Francisco from Newport Beach. I am driving with my wife, Sally, so that I can do a little last minute business from Stockton to Antioch to Oakland. Spend Thursday night in Berkeley after another wonderful meal at a great favorite Chez Panisse. Friday starts the adventure.
So, what have I missed (I just returned from dinner with our friends and three bottles of wine).....oh yea, I need to pack..........But wait!!........I can do it early tomorrow morning.......I read today an article in this month's Orange Coast magazine about the couple that won CBS' "The Amazing Race 12". They stated......"I remember at one point in the race, we weighed our backpacks at the airport, and together they weighed 15 pounds".......That's me! Stay tuned from the guy who only needs to visit 11 more countries to fulfill his dream of visiting every country in the world!

No comments: