Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Good Bye Beijing!!

It is 4 am in Beijing and my team partner Steve is fast asleep....Of course, I am awake....what's new (some things never change)
Due to China blog censorship and our Event Coordinator's excellent commentary that you are hopefully reading.......I will be brief!!
These past three days were very hard. Emotionally, Physically, Time Change Mechanics, etc.
We feel our team did well for Stop #1......we will find out scores today I believe as we fly to our next stop......Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.........nearly straight south and warmer!!
Found out we are the oldest team competing at 123 years (63 + 60).....I am the second oldest individual to a 64 year old Canadian who also rode a bike across his country (his ride had more miles than mine).......talk to you from KL next, Bart

2 comments:

Gayleen said...

Bart,
Thanks for the update from a participant's point of view. I really appreciate your blog since the "oldest old codger" (my husband) hasn't got his blog up and running. (I was half of his support team when he rode his bike across Canada) Eric's wife, Gayleen

MARY said...

Bart,
This is so exciting. I just saw the Daily Pilot article of April 11th. Have fun and stay safe, will be following your bloggs as you and Steve treck around the world...yet again.
Mary Longpre, Sally's tennis friend.