Sunday, April 13, 2008

Monay early Am in Beijing

I guess you all can read this........I can't
We were told at dinner in SF to go to Airport for 1:20 am Saturday departure on Cathay Pacific. We found out Hong Kong for transit to Beijing.........14 plus hours to Hong Kong and another 3 hours North to Beijing. Slept maybe 6 hours so I was fresher than most participants including my partner Steve. Our hotel is the Regent.......great accomodations!
A couple hour nap and gym work-out brought me to 3pm meeting. Received our first Scavenge list.......85 scavenges for Beijing stop
Finished 1st scavenge by attending the Opera performance at Huguang Guild Hall Sunday evening (went over international dateline on flight)........language is a BIG barrier here in China
Also ate at Dong Hua Men Ye Shi Steet vendors (part of another scavenge)......had ENTIRE shrimp deepfried......I ate 4.....heads, feelers, everything........also had corn on cob and fried banana
Taxis are cheap but No english understood.....lot's of massage/sex offered as we walked the 4 blocks to the Dong Hua.......only few hours sleep and now Monday morning beckons in Smoggy Beijing

1 comment:

pati said...

Bart and Steve, You both Rock!!! This is so amazing and will be something so different in your lives. I am following all closely as my free spirit so understands going and making it possible. So hope the sleep will happen for you both, as that is importand, love ya both Pati( can I share this blog with Suzanne?)