Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday in Cairo

Hello everyone
I am writing to you from my "new friend" Essam's house who has kindly invited myself and my partner Steve to dinner tonight at his house to have traditional Egyptian food. We are both looking forward to the experience later. I assume all of you have read the greatescape blog and know that Steve and I have a nice lead after 3 rounds (7 to go). We will not relax on our laurels and hope to keep the lead until the end of the competition!
We are close to ending the Cairo scavenges (9pm tonight.....it is presently 3:30 pm) and have been very busy.....little sleep......and little ability to enjoy our hotel accomodations at one of the best hotels in Cairo (Mena House Oberoi....across the street from the Giza pyramids).
Even though Steve and I have had numerous trips to Cairo in the past the 45+ scavenges showed us alot of new sites and experiences. You should have seen us in full African headdress atop a horse at sunrise this morning. Or, cruising the Nile River twice last nite (one with belly dancer entertainment). Tonight our last scavenge will be the sound and light show of the Giza Pyramids (which we have both seen in the past).
Well, we continue to be very tired and have no idea where we are being sent tomorrow morning for the next leg (scavenge #5).........I will try to find time to keep you all updated.....Bart Hackley

No comments: